Through the rustling trees
Comes nature’s whisper
Of a greater tomorrow.
Drawing boundaries is difficult for people that have People Pleaser Syndrome because we were never taught how to draw our own boundaries. Personal boundaries were constantly crossed by one or both parents.
People from abusive backgrounds were brought up to keep our feelings and opinions to ourselves and to cater to the feelings of others. If you have people pleaser syndrome then you have some (not necessarily all) of the following characteristics.
1. Difficulty saying no, especially when the other person does not want to accept “no” for an answer.
2. Extreme anxiety during any confrontations.
3. Extreme anxiety when people are disappointed in you, or they are not happy with your actions.
4. DIfficulty standing your ground, when you do not agree with someone.
5. Get taken advantage of easily or often.
6. Other people get more time to make their case during arguments. You end up feeling intimidated…
View original post 1,702 more words